What are cookies?
Cookies are small files sent and stored on your computer by the websites you visit. Cookies are stored in the directory of your browser files. Our cookies specifically store information that we use and that contributes to the functioning of our website. Cookies do not contain viruses and no one else can read our cookies other than the Joinbed company.
Our cookies make it possible to:
- store the preferences that you make;
- avoid re-entering the same information several times during the visit such as user name and password;
- analyse the use of the services and content provided by Joinbed to optimise the browsing experience and services offered.
Type of cookie that we use
- Security cookies: these are cookies that help us increase the security of our site.
- Cookies for the site: we need them to analyse how users utilise our site in order to optimise our web pages and use of our site.
- Cookies for Google Analytics: these are cookies that we use to track traffic patterns on the site, so that we can identify the most popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising cookies: Joinbed uses some of your non-identifiable information to show you advertisements on our site.
Cookies issued by third parties for users of our site
Cookies issued by third parties allow them to:
- evaluate the volume of advertising distribution of content provided through our advertising spaces, identify the advertisements displayed, the number of users who clicked on each ad, allowing them to calculate the amounts due and then establish statistics;
- recognise your terminal during your next navigation on any other site or service on which these advertisers or third parties also issue cookies and, if necessary, adapt these third-party sites and services or advertisements that transmit cookies to the navigation of your terminal of which they may be aware.
These are visible on our website in the form of “buttons” to allow you to share content through social networks (e.g. Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google Plus). These platforms store cookies on our site to collect information about your browsing.
These are cookies from third parties that are stored at our request in order to evaluate and verify the characteristics of our site, as well as the navigation of users on our site.
Cookies placed by Joinbed on the sites where our ads are present
When you access a site or an app containing Joinbed advertising, this announcement may contain a cookie. Depending on your preferences, this cookie can memorise your terminal and allow us to recognise the your terminal’s browser for the period that the cookies remain valid.
We then use these cookies to:
- take into account the number of displays and activations of our advertising content on third-party sites or apps, identify such content and sites/apps and determine the number of users who have clicked on each type of content
- calculate the sums due to the advertising distributors (advertising agencies, advertising directories, site/diffusion support) and compile statistics
- adapt the presentation of the site showing one of our advertisements according to the display preferences of your device (language chosen, screen resolution, selected operating system, etc.) during the visit of our site and according to the display and reading hardware and software that your terminal involves;
- based on the location data (latitude and longitude) sent to us (or our suppliers) from your device with your prior consent;
- follow subsequent navigation by your terminal on sites/apps or other advertising content on which we have cookies.
Here’s how to manage cookies on the various browsers
You can select a feature by which your computer will notify you every time a cookie is set, or you can decide to disable all cookies. You can select these features through the settings of your browser, but since each browser is slightly different, we invite you to identify the best way to modify the cookie-related features in the “Help” menu of your browser.
If you decide to disable all cookies, you will not have access to many features that make your experience on our Joinbed site more efficient and some of our services will not work properly.
Internet Explorer 7 and 8
- Click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Move the slider to choose your preferred settings.
- For more specialised cookie settings, click on Sites or Advanced.
For instructions on deleting cookies on Internet Explorer, click here
- Click on the Chrome menu and select Settings.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Click on Content Settings to choose your preferred settings.
For instructions on deleting cookies on Chrome, click here
Mozilla Firefox 14, 15 and 16
- Click on the Firefox button (or Tools menu) and select Options. For Mac OS X users, click on the Firefox menu, and then select Preferences.
- Click on the Privacy panel to choose your preferred settings.
- For more specialised cookie settings, set Firefox: use the customised settings for storing navigation data.
For instructions on removing cookies on Firefox, click here
Safari 5.1 and later versions (Mac OS X)
- Click on the Safari menu, and select Preferences.
- Click on the Privacy tab to view the cookie settings.
- Choose your preferred settings.
- For more specialised cookie settings, click on Details.
For instructions on deleting cookies in Safari, click here
- Open the Tools menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Cookies section: Click Manage Cookies.
- Select the options you want.
Joinbed s.r.l.s. with registered office in Corso d’Italia 11, Rome
Registered in the Rome Companies Register under REA number – RM 1401413 tax code/VAT no. 14157021008